Legal malpractice is a type of professional negligence that occurs when a lawyer fails to provide competent legal representation to their client. This can happen for a variety of reasons, such as:
- The lawyer fails to do their research.
- The lawyer fails to keep their client informed of the progress of their case.
- The lawyer fails to file important paperwork on time.
- The lawyer makes a mistake that costs their client money.
If you believe that your lawyer has committed legal malpractice, you may be able to file a lawsuit against them. However, it is important to note that legal malpractice cases are complex and time-consuming. You should speak with an experienced legal malpractice lawyer to discuss your case and see if you have a viable claim.
Here are some of the things that a legal malpractice lawyer can do for you:
- Investigate your case and determine if there is a basis for a legal malpractice claim.
- File a lawsuit on your behalf and represent you in court.
- Negotiate a settlement with the lawyer’s insurance company.
- Represent you at trial if necessary.
If you believe that you have been the victim of legal malpractice, it is important to speak with an experienced legal malpractice lawyer as soon as possible. The sooner you get legal representation, the sooner you can start the process of getting the compensation you deserve.